Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
The Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People provides those working with children and young people the knowledge on how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse.
- Key elements of the law on safeguarding children and young people
- How practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Ways in which concerns about children and young people can be reported
- Characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Actions to take in response to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk of being abused
- How to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse
- Who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
6 contact hours normally delivered over 1-day, 09:30 – 16:30
- The Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People is for those aged over 18.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent.