Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course has been designed to meet the first aid training needs of newly qualified level two or three early years childcare staff working in settings, such as nurseries, schools, childminders etc.
To fully meet the requirements for paediatric first aid trained personnel, you will need staff trained to the full Paediatric First Aid Course level.
- Assess an incident involving a child or baby
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive breathing child or baby
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for children and babies
- Choking children or babies
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
6 contact hours. Normally delivered this course over 1-day, 09:30 – 16:30.
- The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course is aimed at those over 16 years old
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.