Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
If you're on a quest for a hands-on teaching qualification and aspire to either accredit your existing teaching skills and practice or can meet the minimum requirement of 30 hours of teaching practice during the course, the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (CET) is your perfect choice.
Notably, the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) is not a mandatory prerequisite for entry into this program. However, since it aligns with the first year of an undergraduate degree level, we do expect candidates to hold a solid foundation in literacy, numeracy, and ICT at Level 2.
To complete your enrolment, you'll need to fulfil the final prerequisite of 30 hours of paid or voluntary classroom teaching practice, with three hours to be assessed through video recording, Zoom, or an authorised observer who will join you in the classroom on our behalf. Embark on your teaching journey with us today, and watch your educational aspirations come to life!
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is split into the following units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities, and relationships in education and training.
- Identifying individual learning and development needs.
- Planning to ensure the needs of learners in education and training are fully met.
- Learning to effectively deliver education and training.
- Understanding and managing behaviours within the learning environment.
- Understanding how to carry out assessment of learners in education and training.
- Using appropriate resources for education and training.
- Engaging with employers to facilitate employee development.
To pass this certificate, you must gain 36 credits from eight units.
On successfully completing Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, you will be able to:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Plan inclusive teaching and learning, meeting internal and external requirements
- Deliver inclusive teaching and learning, meeting internal and external requirements
- Evaluate own practice in both the planning and delivering of inclusive teaching and learning
- Use types and methods of assessment to meet the needs of individual learners
- Implement the minimum core when assessing learners, whilst meeting both internal and external requirements
- Evaluate own assessment practice
- Implement the minimum core when using relevant resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluate own use of resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning.
This certificate is assessed by:
- Written assessments
- A portfolio of evidence
- Three hours of observed teaching practice and reflection.
Feedback will be provided, should your assignment not reach the minimum standards to pass the qualification. You may use this feedback to assist in your resubmission. Although there are no limits to the number of resubmissions, most pass on their second submission.
Classroom training over 4 days (with homework to be completed at your own pace)
Virtual learning over 4 days (with homework to be completed at your own pace)
Self-Study of approximately 140 hours, again, at your own pace.
Depending on your existing knowledge, experience, and other commitments, you could condense the self-study into weeks or months, to suit your circumstances.
You will need to have a minimum standard of literacy at Level 2 and hold a qualification in your specialist subject at a minimum of Level 3.
Additionally, candidates should be at least 19 years of age and possess a strong grasp of the subject they aspire to teach or deliver training in.
All candidates will be offered a course induction session, with ongoing access to an assigned tutor who can be contacted by phone, email, or within study groups.
The entire training content of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is available to all, free of charge through our eLearning programme, at any time of the day or night, from any device with an internet connection.
This includes all PowerPoint presentations, a personalised study plan, all course notes and handouts, and is accessible for an initial period of 12 months (you may be permitted an extension under extenuating circumstances).
All webinars are available online.