Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Retail is suitable for those working in a retail environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
This course can be delivered and assessed online through the Qualify at Home system, contact us for more information.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
7 contact hours normally delivered over one day, 09:00 – 17:00.
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.