Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Catering
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. The Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering ensures that supervisors are aware of the legislation applicable for food safety and how to communicate this to employees.
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology, and temperature control.
This course can be delivered and assessed online through the Qualify at Home system, contact us for more information.
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- Implementing food safety management systems
20 contact hours normally deliver over three days, 09:00 – 17:00.
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.