Level 3 Qualification in Sports Leadership
The Level 3 qualification is for learners aged 15 and over. This qualification also provides each learner that completes the course with 16 UCAS points and further develops leadership skills and helps learners with planning, leading and evaluating sports sessions and events.
Unit 1 – Developing leadership skills
Unit 2 – Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/physical activity event
Unit 3 – Lead safe sport/physical activity sessions
Unit 4 – Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/physical activity sessions for children
Unit 5 – Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/physical activity sessions in the community
Unit 6 – Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/physical activity sessions for disabled people
Learners will gain a lot of coaching experience through various means.
Once qualified, learners will be able to independently lead purposeful and enjoyable sport or physical activity activities.
• Progression from SL1 & CSL2 learning objectives
• Understand the key elements and differences of leading, coaching and teaching
• Understand the safeguarding of participants and how this affects an event
• Understand the effects of sport/physical activity on children
• Be able to deliver a sport/ physical activity session to older people, less-abled and young children
• Independently plan, deliver and evaluate sport/physical activity sessions
Continuous assessment of set tasks evidenced through a personal learner record. A minimum of 14 additional volunteering hours are required
The qualification will take a minimum of 126 Guided Learning Hours.
Total hours 132
Tutored Hours 61
Demonstration of leadership 4*
- Minimum age: 15 years (17 on completion)