Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
The Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Course is aimed at learners who have access to any environment where coming into contact with hazardous substances is likely. This includes workplaces in areas such as manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and office environments as well as classroom environments. The objective of the qualification is predominantly to support a role in the workplace, however may also be suitable for younger learners preparing for employment or wishing to progress onto further learning in a related subject.
- Legal requirements relating to hazardous substances
- Risks and hazards associated with hazardous substances
- Risk assessing hazardous substances and the connection to safely using hazardous substances
- Appropriate precautions and procedures to minimise risks when working with hazardous substances
Multiple choice exam paper
5 contact hours
- It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners should be at least 14 years old in order to undertake the qualification.
- There are no other prerequisites for this qualification.