Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
7 contact hours normally deliver over one day, 09:00 – 17:00.
It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.