Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling
The Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Course will introduce learners to moving and handling activities required for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling. Moving and Handling is a key part of the day for many employees in the UK and along with other musculoskeletal disorders, equate for more than a third of work-related injuries.
- The reasons for safe manual handling
- How manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- The principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
This qualification is assessed by multiple choice assessment and practical assessment.
8 contact hours which is normally delivered over 1-day, 09:00 – 17:00
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification, however it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.